Climate Change - International CooperationSlides [link]
Leakage and Kyoto
- Read this blog post by Rob Stavins the options for international climate change policy under the Biden administration.
- Read this paper by Carolyn Fischer on “Options for Avoiding Carbon Leakage”
- What key distinction does Stavins draw between the Kyoto Protocol and the Paris Agreement?
- What is emissions “leakage”? What are two ways that it can occur?
- Stavins and Olmstead (REEP 2011)
- Rob Stavins summarizes the prospects for climate policy under the Biden administration on his blog.
- Public good problem
- History of international climate negotiations -- from top down to bottom up